A roundup of reports and commentary from NGI’s LNG Perception
- Mexico’s President Andrés Manuel López Obrador stated on Twitter Wednesday that Mexico Pacific Ltd. LLC (MPL) would construct its 14.1 million metric tons/yr Saguaro Energía LNG mission on the nation’s west coast and spend $14 billion on the mission.
- MPL has not but sanctioned the mission. An MPL spokesperson didn’t verify any greenback quantities, telling NGI that the agency remains to be “determining a plan of action” on the mission.
- Oneok Inc., which is constructing the Saguaro Connector Pipeline to assist feed the MPL facility, stated Wednesday it’s nonetheless evaluating the system and concentrating on a mid-2023 ultimate funding choice (FID).
- Vitality Switch LP plans to attraction the U.S. Division of Vitality’s choice denying its request to increase the deadline for beginning exports from its proposed Lake Charles LNG facility in Louisiana. The corporate stated the choice was “arbitrary and capricious” and will in the end value it an LNG buyer as it really works towards FID.
- Tellurian Inc. Chairman Charif Souki stated Wednesday the corporate would cease drilling within the Haynesville Shale till pure gasoline costs rebound.
- He stated Tellurian remains to be bringing some wells on-line, however added that others would stay uncompleted till costs are greater. The corporate continues to work towards an FID on the Driftwood LNG mission. It produced 19.3 Bcf of pure gasoline in 1Q2023, up from 6.1 Bcf within the year-ago interval and flat with 4Q2022. Tellurian holds over 27,000 internet acres within the Haynesville in Louisiana.
The submit Vitality Switch to Enchantment DOE Choice Denying Lake Charles LNG Export Extension – The Offtake appeared first on Pure Gasoline Intelligence