Our e-newsletter of 20 July 2023
The Alliance scored a fast hit with our new web site at https://indigenouslng.ca/, with its message: “Canadian LNG is Indigenous. Indigenous values are powering Canada’s low-carbon LNG alternative.”
The content material additionally appeared as a full-page nationwide advert in The Globe and Mail. And we had an digital billboard signal (pictured above) at Canada Place, and nationwide on-line adverts as well as.
The brand new web site, timed to coincide with the world LNG2023 convention in Vancouver, rapidly recorded greater than 1,600 pageviews, and the web adverts reached virtually 1.43 million individuals.
On social media, the marketing campaign reached virtually 250,000 individuals, and generated greater than 1,660 viewers engagements and reactions.
As nicely, LNG Canada shared the marketing campaign with its greater than 34,000 followers on Fb and its 13,600 followers on Twitter.
Additionally on Twitter, Coastal GasLink shared with virtually 3,600 followers the video in regards to the HaiSea Wamis, the world’s first absolutely electrical tugboat — a First Nations star of the LNG2023 convention in Vancouver July 10-13. The video additionally featured our Alliance chair, Crystal Smith of the Haisla Nation and Cedar LNG; President Eva Clayton of the Nisga’a Nation and Ksi Lisims LNG, and our Alliance CEO, Karen Ogen.
Cedar LNG additionally hosted an occasion on the tugboat.
Our because of those that helped make the particular marketing campaign occur: Coastal GasLink, TC Power, Ksi Lisims LNG, LNG Canada, FortisBC, and Seaspan. And the online wizards and communicators at Kirk and Co. in Vancouver.
(On the identical time, we had heavy site visitors to our common social-media posts in the course of the week of the LNG2023 convention. We posted 114 objects, in contrast with 64 throughout a median week.)
Feds endorse LNG improvement
Few within the liquefied pure fuel sector will overlook Prime Minister Trudeau’s off-the-cuff declaration in 2022 that there has “by no means been a powerful enterprise case” for LNG exports from Canada’s East Coast to Europe.
Or overlook his push as an alternative for hydrogen, and his suggestion that we may maybe greatest assist European allies by delivery our pure fuel to the U.S., in order that the People may liquefy it, and promote their LNG to Europe.
Now we have now what gave the impression of stronger federal help for LNG exports:
Randy Boissonnault, Canada’s tourism minister and affiliate minister of finance (picture above) stated in a keynote handle to the LNG2023 convention in Vancouver that “the event of an at-scale LNG financial system is a strategic precedence for Canada.”
He added: “The world’s main economies are transferring at an unprecedented price and tempo to struggle local weather change, retool their economies and construct the net-zero industries of tomorrow.
“Canada should preserve tempo as a result of we can’t afford to fall behind – that’s the reason the event of an at-scale LNG financial system is a strategic precedence for Canada. . . .
““The very fact is, we face a altering local weather, and to make use of a really Canadian assertion, we should skate to the place the puck goes. On this context, Canada is nicely positioned to be a steady and dependable international provider of selection.
“We . . . have the power to supply LNG with the world’s highest environmental requirements and lowest emissions.”
However federal atmosphere minister Steven Guilbeault promptly known as for the world to conform to “section out unabated fossil fuels”, and stated he expects that Canada’s oil and fuel sector will cut back manufacturing by 50% to 75% by 2050.
Alberta Premier Danielle Smith and Saskatchewan Premier Scott Moe hit again, with Moe declaring: “The Trudeau authorities doesn’t wish to simply cut back emissions in our power sector, they wish to fully shut down our power sector.”
Alberta’s Smith went additional: “Alberta won’t acknowledge any federally imposed emission-reduction targets for our power and electrical energy sectors beneath any circumstances until such targets are first consented to by the Authorities of Alberta.”
Smith additionally declared: “I feel we’re lastly seeing some motion on LNG. . . . The world merely can’t decarbonize with out extra LNG. . . . There’s a enterprise case for LNG.”
And she or he additionally disclosed that Alberta has begun talks with B.C. on increasing the attain of Canadian pure fuel within the international market.
Indigenous clean-energy information
- B.C. says new name for electrical energy can be designed with enter from First Nations, and can embody necessities for Indigenous participation: https://ow.ly/KecG50Pe3EQ
- Feds put $160 million into 9 Alberta photo voltaic initiatives with Indigenous companions: http://bit.ly/44k2OwQ
- New wind generators set for Kwanlin Dün First Nation venture, to feed energy to Yukon: https://ow.ly/5Zv150P7zlp
- Two Ontario nations get isotope income from Canada’s largest nuclear plant: https://ow.ly/EuJr50P4Glt
- Ontario pumped storage venture, proposed by TC Power with potential companion Saugeen Ojibway Nation, transferring to remaining analysis: https://ow.ly/TZUb50P80kK
- Indigenous communities are concerned in a whole bunch of enormous renewable power initiatives and hundreds of small ones: https://ow.ly/cKPG50P7IqU
- Ontario pushes clear power, with “participation and management from Indigenous communities and companions.” https://ow.ly/HK2n50Pcoht
- Sagkeeng First Nation youths in Manitoba constructing solar-powered greenhouse: https://ow.ly/rp2i50Pcojk
- The First Nations Main Initiatives Coalition says small modular nuclear reactors (SMRs) provide ‘a really distinctive alternative’ for distant Indigenous communities: https://ow.ly/7FRx50PconT
- Meeting of First Nations requires funding from all ranges of presidency to implement local weather methods: https://ow.ly/sp0v50PftZq
ALSO IN THE NEWS
- Final pre-fabricated module for LNG Canada venture arrives from China: https://ow.ly/TU8Q50Pfmk9
- LNG Canada and its companions look to be on observe to start industrial exports in some unspecified time in the future in 2025: https://ow.ly/HICF50Pa67M
- Ksi Lisims LNG has its ‘course of order’ from the BC Environmental Evaluation Workplace, and so can ‘full a full software for an environmental evaluation certificates.’ https://ow.ly/Rkel50PbCA6
- Indigenous low-carbon LNG initiatives have been showcased at LNG2023 convention in Vancouver: https://ow.ly/X6Sw50Pc1xs
- LNG may preserve BC’s financial system firing for years to return. However Canada has been sluggish to get initiatives vetted, financed and beneath constructions: https://ow.ly/9Wcs50Pc1Ui
- Canada has the LNG the world needs, ‘however we have to do a a lot better job of getting it . . . to the international locations that desperately want it.’ — former BC Premier Christy Clark: https://ow.ly/mwUY50P968L
- ‘In Canada, the LNG trade continues to see rising help and participation from Indigenous communities.’ Web page 18 of International Voice of Gasoline: https://ow.ly/YgSl50Pa8IA
- Carbon Seize Canada, Sept. 12-14, Edmonton: http://ow.ly/3iBP50LRo0R
- Famend power knowledgeable Vaclav Smil on what’s going to it take to succeed in net-zero emissions targets, Sept. 25, Vancouver, hosted by Useful resource Works. Tickets right here
Know somebody who is perhaps enthusiastic about our e-newsletter? Please allow them to know that they’ll subscribe right here, without spending a dime. You’ll additionally discover us on Fb, LinkedIn, and Twitter.