Our publication: 03 August 2023
CGL building “in full swing”
The Coastal GasLink pipeline is heading past 91% over-all completion, with greater than 630 km of pipe put in, and greater than 92% of water crossings full.
CGL sees “mechanical completion” by the top of this yr.
Hydrostatic testing is full or underway in each part. This testing fills a piece of the pipeline with water, after which pressurizes the road to test for leaks.
Finally depend, there have been 4,785 staff on the job throughout the undertaking
In the meantime, mother or father firm TC Vitality says the road will probably be accomplished with none additional enhance in prices.
Bevin Wirzba, TC Vitality government vice-president, stated his firm is sustaining its beforehand introduced completion goal and most up-to-date price estimate ($14.5 billion).
“We’ve had our share of actually complicated and dangerous components of the undertaking to perform, and I’m actually proud that the group has delivered upon all of them. . . . We’ve got all of the plans in place to ship and end sturdy within the year-end.”
B.C. LNG faces powerful competitors
A federal minister, talking on the world LNG2023 convention about LNG exports, stated that “Canada should hold tempo as a result of we can’t afford to fall behind.”
However as he spoke in Vancouver there got here phrase of much more competitors for Canada’s exports of LNG from the West Coast.
The U.S. already leads the world in LNG liquefaction capability — and two extra LNG-for-export vegetation will come on-line in 2024, which means the U.S. will then have 9. Seven extra are below building, and 28 additional ones are in varied levels of proposal, planning, improvement, or working towards capability and monetary commitments.
Our newest weblog notes that B.C. nonetheless has an edge over U.S. Gulf Coast vegetation within the prices of delivery LNG to Asian terminals.
However Mexico has introduced plans to develop eight LNG-for-export terminals that may get U.S. and/or Canadian pure fuel through the US. And 4 of these vegetation could be on Mexico’s west coast, with decrease delivery prices to Asia than U.S. Gulf Coast amenities.
Our particular web site shared
Calgary-based Canada Motion was the newest fan of natural-resource improvement to share our IndigenousLNG web site, posting the graphic above.
Canada Motion stated on Twitter/X: “We should take a world outlook to decreasing emissions. Canadian LNG is Indigenous LNG which represents a significant and quick alternative for local weather motion: https://indigenouslng.ca/”
Indigenous clean-energy information
- B.C. authorities earmarks $140 million for First Nations to take part in new renewable-energy initiatives: https://ow.ly/eqMh50Pmof7
- What if we may take 128,000 automobiles off the street for a yr? The BC Indigenous Clear Vitality Initiative has achieved that and extra:
- Bekevar Wind Vitality undertaking begins building in Saskatchewan, with Cowessess First Nation a accomplice: https://ow.ly/BvE850PooOg
- Membertou Nation companions in three windfarm initiatives to assist produce hydrogen in Nova Scotia: https://ow.ly/cv4F50PlPjo
- Paqtnkek Mi’kmaw Nation in Nova Scotia going inexperienced on its journey centre: https://bit.ly/47jzhWf
- Manitoba First Nation welcomes new photo voltaic greenhouse: https://ow.ly/11Z550PooAn
- Feds assist for 9 clean-energy initiatives in Alberta contains two Indigenous-led initiatives. Video: https://ow.ly/YYCQ50Pps1N
- Ontario’s Hydro One, with assist of 9 First Nations companions, seeks OK for Waasigan transmission line undertaking: https://ow.ly/P8aC50PpYix
- Ottawa seeks to “develop the inexperienced economic system” throughout the Prairies: https://ow.ly/1OUI50PmFgp
- USask companions with Indigenous communities on renewable-energy undertaking; https://ow.ly/J9nQ50PqrkQ
ALSO IN THE NEWS
- The Nisga’a Nation and its companions have taken one other step in direction of growing the $10-billion Ksi Lisims LNG facility: https://ow.ly/lISr50PqpZT
- Supporting Canadian LNG initiatives is sweet for the economic system, the planet, and First Nations: https://ow.ly/hBXq50PlOgJ
- Canadian LNG can play a big position in decreasing emissions in Asia. However we have to choose up the tempo: https://bit.ly/44vLPrt
- Exporting LNG is Canada’s ‘greatest card’ in tackling world coal emissions: https://ow.ly/rw9850PopaT
- Alberta backs $103-million mortgage for 5 Indigenous communities to amass 43% curiosity in natural-gas-liquids pipeline system: https://ow.ly/Rpbx50Pn5bq
- LNG initiatives must be constructed on Canada’s east coast to assist meet European demand: https://ow.ly/kWRJ50PlMem
- Carbon Seize Canada, Sept. 12-14, Edmonton: http://ow.ly/3iBP50LRo0R
- Famend power skilled Vaclav Smil on what’s going to it take to achieve net-zero emissions targets, Sept. 25, Vancouver, hosted by Useful resource Works. Tickets right here
- Nation2Nation’s seventh annual discussion board in Terrace BC, Oct. 17-19: https://nation2nation.ca (Early-bird costs are in impact till August 10.)
Know somebody who is perhaps considering our publication? Please allow them to know that they’ll subscribe right here, free of charge. You’ll additionally discover us on Fb, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
(Posted right here 07 August 2023)