A roundup of reports and commentary from NGI’s LNG Perception
- Tellurian Inc. stated a deal to promote LNG to an affiliate of Gunvor Group Ltd. from its proposed Driftwood export terminal has been terminated. “The events have been unable to succeed in settlement on the business phrases of an modification to the settlement,” Tellurian stated in a U.S. regulatory submitting.
- Two different provide offers underpinning Driftwood with Shell plc and Vitol Inc. have been additionally canceled final yr. All three offers have been signed to supply LNG for phrases of 10 years at costs linked to the Title Switch Facility and Japan-Korea Marker. Tellurian has no different offtake agreements in place and has stated it’s trying to find fairness companions to fund the 27 million metric tons/yr (mmty) challenge in Louisiana.
- Woodside Power Group Ltd. has agreed to promote a ten% stake in its Scarborough fuel challenge offshore Western Australia to LNG Japan Corp., a three way partnership owned by Sumitomo Corp. and Sojitz Corp.
- Woodside is including a second prepare on the Pluto LNG terminal to course of fuel from the Scarbrough subject and produce 8 mmty of the super-chilled gasoline. The corporate additionally signed a tentative deal to supply 12 cargoes from the challenge to LNG Japan for 10 years beginning in 2026.
- Equinor ASA stated Tuesday the Norwegian authorities has authorised its $1.3 billion plan to increase the lifetime of Hammerfest LNG by including onshore compression and electrifying the terminal by 2030. The plan would prolong exports from the power till 2050 or so.
- Hammerfest produces roughly 230 Bcf of LNG yearly. It’s the solely large-scale liquefaction terminal in Europe.
The submit Tellurian Cancels Driftwood LNG SPA With Gunvor – The Offtake appeared first on Pure Fuel Intelligence